Weather in Wales
Check the meteorological records.
This month's charts – Jun 2021
Previous weather charts - click on links in tables....
Temperature charting commenced on 5th May 2001; rainfall charting commenced on 18th August 2002; charting of additional data commenced on 1st January 2010.
The remote temperature, pressure, and humidity sensors are located in a shaded position outside my home. The rain sensor and wind gauge are located in exposed positions in my garden.
- On 31 March 2015, a new Oregon Scientific PCR800 Rain Gauge rain-meter was installed, purchased from Mendip Weather. All other parameters are measured with the Oregon Scientific WMR88 Wireless Pro Weather Station.
- From 20 January 2014 until 31 December 2014, all parameters were measured with an Oregon Scientific WMR88 Wireless Pro Weather Station purchased from Maplin.
- From 24 November 2012 until January 2014, rainfall was measured with a TFN Wireless Rain Meter KW-9015 purchased from Amazon.co.uk.
- From 1st January 2010 until January 2014, windchill, humidity, barometric pressure and windspeed data were recorded using a WS-1613-IT Professional Weather Center designed and developed by La Crosse Technology of Wisconsin, USA, and purchased from Canadian Tire, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded using an Oregon Scientific MTR101 thermometer purchased from Maplin Electronics of Barnsley, England.
- Prior to November 2012, rainfall was measured with a TechnoLine Wireless Rain Monitor WS-7038 purchased from Diamond Sundial of Warrington, England.
Data from the in-house base unit are monitored 24/7 by my PC and analysed with Weather Station Data Logger (version 220.127.116.11) software, available as a free download.
Readings are normally taken every morning from the Data Logger, charted (using Microsoft Excel spreadsheet), and uploaded onto the website.