Weather in Wales
Check the meteorological records.
This month's charts – July 2017
Previous weather charts - click on links in tables....
Records prior to February 2008 relate to the Swansea Valley, Glamorgan
Temperature charting commenced on 5th May 2001; rainfall charting commenced on 18th August 2002; charting of additional data commenced on 1st January 2010.
The remote temperature, pressure, and humidity sensors are located in a shaded position outside my home. The rain sensor and wind gauge are located in exposed positions in my garden.
- From 31 March 2015 onwards, the rain-meter was replaced with an Oregon Scientific PCR800 Rain Gauge purchased from Mendip Weather. All other parameters are measured with the Oregon Scientific WMR88 Wireless Pro Weather Station.
- From 20 January 2014 until 31 December 2014, all parameters are being measured with an Oregon Scientific WMR88 Wireless Pro Weather Station purchased from Maplin.
- From 24 November 2012 until January 2014, rainfall was measured with a TFN Wireless Rain Meter KW-9015 purchased from Amazon.co.uk.
- From 1st January 2010 until January 2014, windchill, humidity, barometric pressure and windspeed data were recorded using a WS-1613-IT Professional Weather Center designed and developed by La Crosse Technology of Wisconsin, USA, and purchased from Canadian Tire, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
Maximum and minimum temperatures were recorded using an Oregon Scientific MTR101 thermometer purchased from Maplin Electronics of Barnsley, England.
- Prior to November 2012, rainfall was measured with a TechnoLine Wireless Rain Monitor WS-7038 purchased from Diamond Sundial of Warrington, England.
Data from the in-house base unit are monitored 24/7 by my PC and analysed with Weather Station Data Logger (version 22.214.171.124) software, available as a free download.
Readings are normally taken every morning from the Data Logger, charted (using Microsoft Excel 2007 spreadsheet), and uploaded onto the website.