Photography by John Ball - 24 July 1998 (with Agfa ePhoto307 digital camera)
Cardigan is a typical Welsh market town near the mouth of the river Teifi from which it gets its name. Its history goes back to 1136 when it was the scene of a Welsh victory over the Norman invaders. The town was a major port until the coming of the railways and the Teifi estuary silted up. Cardigan is now a base for fishing and touring holidays.
Left: The Lamb Inn, Cardigan.
Above: The Angel Hotel, Cardigan.
Above: The Town Hall in Cardigan's busy High Street.
Above: The Baptist Chapel, High Street.
Above: The parish church of St Mary, Cardigan.
Above: St Mary's Church.
Above: The river Teifi at Cardigan. The town is about three miles from the open sea.
Above: The view looking towards the Teifi estuary from the hillside above Cardigan.