Welsh Family History Archive
Images of Wales
Photography by John Ball - 7 May 1999
(with an Agfa ePhoto307 digital camera)
Treboeth, in the ancient parish of Llangyfelach, was once a village in its own right, but it is now well inside the boundary of the City of Swansea. It is situated about two miles to the north of the centre of Swansea, on the main route between Swansea town and what was once the village of Llangyfelach. The main street through Treboeth is named Llangyfelach Road.
Left: Treboeth Public Hall, erected in 1891.
Above: Llangyfelach Road, Treboeth. Note the row of houses with a raised pavement,
indicating that the level of the roadway has been lowered since the houses were built.
Above: Looking southwards down the hill towards the centre of Swansea. This
shot was taken from the raised pavement shown in the previous picture.
Above: A green grocer's store and Treboeth Post Office, with the red sign outside.
Above: The baker's shop in Treboeth.
Above: The King's Head public house with its pub sign depicting King Henry VIII.
Treboeth has two old pubs, the other being The Eagle.
Above: The imposing Caersalem Baptist Chapel.
Above: Caersalem Chapel. High on its wall are the words:
"Caersalem Newydd Baptist Chapel. Erected 1845. Enlarged 1873".
Above: Bryngelli Road, a quiet leafy lane in Treboeth.
Above: Some of the many old cottages still lining Llangyfelach Road in Treboeth.
They are probably at least 150 years old.
Above: An old house on the corner of Roger Street and Llangyfelach Road.
This building is thought to be about 250 years old.