Aberbechan Chapel, Aberbechan, Montgomeryshire
Name: Aberbechan Chapel
Denomination: Calvinistic Methodist / Presbyterian
Photography: Ellie Thomas
Camera: Syntek USB digital
Note 1: Built in 1888 in the Simple Gothic style. The chapel has a red-brick gable entry facade with decorative bargeboard and terracotta finial and a spherical vent with yellow brick frame below the apex. A plaque is inscribed: "Aberbechan/ C.M. Chapel./ Site given by/ Lord Sudeley". The gabled brick porch with matching bargeboard has red crest tiles and terracotta finials.
[Source: Coflein database (NPRN 11407)]
Note 2: This small building, with a capacity of only 100, was built with the help of donations and collections in 1888, on land given by Lord Sudeley of Gregynog. In 1988 a grand centenary service was held.
[Source: VisitorUK.com website]