St David's Church, Abercrâf, Breconshire
Dedication: St David
Note 1: Built in 1912 as a chapel of ease in the parish of Ystradgynlais. Became a separate parish in 1925. Currently joint with Coelbren and Callwen.
[Source: Archive Network Wales website]
Photography: John Ball
Date: 18 March 2007
Camera: Nikon D50 digital SLR
Note 2: St David's church is located on the north side of the A4067, set back from the road in a churchyard used as a cemetery. It was built in 1911-12 to designs of J. Cook Rees of Neath. It is constructed of coursed rock-faced Pennant stone with ashlar lancets. It consists of nave, chancel with south organ chamber, lean-to north vestry, and south-west tower. The tower is of two-stages, the bell-stage of ashlar with large paired lights under continuous hoodmoulds and with a castellated parapet. Notable internal features include an ashlar reredos and an elaborate pulpit with the carved figure of a bishop. Stained glass includes works by Powell's (1951). [Source: Coflein online database of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (accessed 22 September 2015)]