Denomination: Calvinistic Methodist / Presbyterian
Name: Trinity Chapel
A Grade 2 Listed Building, Classical design; rendered and colour-washed. Entrance is crowned by an open pediment into which a bold semicircular recess is inserted and supported by pairs of Corinthian pilasters flanking the central Ionic-arcaded windows. Built by Simon Richards, Cardiff Street, Aberdare, at a cost of £1,300. A 'time capsule', a casket of white marble, was deposited under the foundation stone. The capsule contained coins of the realm dated 1867, newspapers and periodicals. A centenary booklet (1867-1967) by Rev Glaslyn Bowen is deposted in Glamorgan Record Office and Aberdare Library.
[Source: Chapels of the Cynon Valley, by Alan Vernon Jones, Cynon Valley Historical Society, 2004; ISBN 0-9531076-1-2]
Photography: John Ball
Date: 15 October 1998
Camera: Agfa ePhoto-307 digital