St Gwynnog's Church, Aberhafesp, Montgomeryshire
Dedication: St Gwynnog
Built: 15th century
Photograph 1: Ellie Thomas
Camera: Syntek USB digital
Notes: The present church stands within a raised sub-circular enclosure, later extended to the south, and overlooking the Severn Valley. The building is largely 19th century but encapsulates medieval walling, on the north, south and perhaps the west sides of the nave. The 15th century nave roof has been retained and there are a few pre-Victorian wall monuments including a pair of fine early 18th century examples, but most of the furnishings and fittings date from after the restoration of 1857.
[Source: Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust (CPAT) website, where further details are available]
Photograph (above) by Google StreetView