Dedication: St Catharine
Consecrated: 7 Mar 1882
The foundation stone for St Catharine's was laid in June 1875, and consecrated by Dr Ollivant, Bishop of Llandaff, in March 1882.
The church is an excellent example of Victorian Gothic in the early Decorated style of the late fourteenth century, built according to the plans of John Pritchard, the Diocesan Architect.
[Source: St Catharine's Church, article by Bill Crooks on the BBC Website]
Further details on the BBC Website
Photography: John Lord
Date: 17 Oct 2009
© Copyright John Lord and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence