Back to indexImages of Wales
 

Presbyterian Church, Main Street / Chapel Street, Caersws, Montgomeryshire

Name: Caersws Presbyterian Church

Denomination: Presbyterian (formerly Calvinistic Methodist)

Built: 1912

Note:
First and second chapels built in 1825 and 1871. Present chapel dated 1912 (porch inscription). Large stone ecclesiastical building: early 20th century Gothic with a whiff of art nouveau. Gable entry with centre porch with window triplet over; flanking stair turrets, the left hand one with ashlar spire, and on the right hand with saddleback roof. Transepts. Large classroom wings.
[Source: Coflein database, on-line at: http://www.coflein.gov.uk/]






Photography (right): Ellie Thomas
Date: October 2010
Camera: Pentacon Praktica DCZ5.8 digital

Photography (below): Shirley & Jack Frost
Date: 28 June 2008
Camera: Fuji FinePix F601 Zoom digital

  Caersws Presbyterian Church
Caersws Presbyterian Church


Back to indexImages of Wales