Caersws Methodist Chapel was built in 1875 in the Gothic stlye. It is a polychromatic red brick gable-entry chapel, entered via a centre gabled porch, with an ashlar-framed rose window over. The flanking lancet windows have red and vitreous brick voussoir heads with terracotta drips. It has vitreous brick diaper work, yellow brick bands and yellow-brick tumbling in the gable. The slate roof has of bands of contrasting colour and red pierced tile cresting. The side elevations each have four lancet windows, with lancet lights with red and vitreous brick headers and margin panes. There is a yellow terracotta strip at the top of a brick plinth and yellow terracotta dentils to the eaves.
[Source: Coflein database of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (accessed 3 Jan 2016)]
Photography: Ellie Thomas
Date: October 2008
Camera: Pentacon Praktica DCZ5.8 digital