Cefn Arthen Chapel, Llanfair-ar-y-bryn, Carmarthenshire
Name: Cefn Arthen Independent Chapel
Notes: On the doorframe above the entrance door in the north wall, is the date 1642. This may mark the date on which religious meetings were first held at Cefn Arthen.
A plaque high up on the north wall, between the two central windows states: Cefn Arthen Chapel Rebuilt in the Year 1853.
According to information on the Coflein Website, the present chapel was built in 1880, and rebuilt and modified in 1902. The style is simple round-headed, long-wall entry type.