Back to indexImages of Wales
 

St John's Church, New Church Road, Cefn Coed-y-cymer, Vaynor, Breconshire

St John's Church, Cefn Coed-y-cymer Denomination: Anglican

Dedication: St John the Baptist

Built: 1874

Note: Part of the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon, the present church was built to a design by Robinson of Cardiff. Part of the funding came from the parishioners of nearby Vaynor church which Robert Crawshay rebuilt on condition they helped towards the costs of the church at Cefn Coed-y-cymer. St John's now consists of a nave, chancel and individualistic buttressed steeple.
[Extracted from Church in Wales website]



Photography: John Ball
Date: 1997
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR

Back to indexImages of Wales