Dedication: Holy Cross (formerly St Mary)
Notes: Formerly a chapel of ease of Llanblethian Church. Probably founded with the medieval town and remodelled during the Medieval period. The present building incorporates a nave and chancel of later 13th century work; 14th century tower; 15th century south aisle and chantry chapel; 16th century addition to east end; 19th century north porch. Tower renovated in 1893. Local stone walls and slate roofs. Windows of Perpendicular form; many restored or rebuilt during 1850s by John Prichard. Nave arcade of five bays. 15th century wagon roof to south aisle; oak boarded roof of circa 1926 to nave. Pulpit of 1890s.
[CADW listing description, as quoted in Coflein database]
Photography: John Ball
Date: March 1999
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR