Hebron Chapel, Crickadarn, Breconshire|
Name: Hebron Chapel
Photography: Robert Eckley
Date: 22 August 2014
Camera: Panasonic DMC-TZ20 digital compact
Note 1. Hebron Chapel was built in 1816 and rebuilt in 1854, with a coursed squared rubble stone façade and slate roof. [Source: Coflein online database of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historic Monuments of Wales (accessed 8 May 2017)].
Note 2. Grade 2 listed, the chapel was founded from Beili-heulog in 1812, and the rebuilding cost £300. Exterior: Chapel, coursed squared rubble stone to facade with slate roof. Gable front with overhanging verges, two large arched windows with marginal glazing bars and stone sills. Arched plaque in gable. Black brick porch (1901) with double three-panel doors and fanlight with marginal glazing bars. Two-window sides with long cambered-headed windows, with marginal glazing-bars, the west wall roughcast, the right wall painted rubble stone. Added lean-to's to rear.
Interior: Plain interior without gallery. Pine pews in three blocks. Pulpit with stairs up both sides and acorn finials and front with fretwork decoration and bookrest. [Source: British Listed Buildings website (accessed 8 May 2017)].