Only the vaulted tower with a northeast stair turret and a blocked west doorway and the north transept of this 13th century cruciform church have survived unrebuilt.
[Source: The Old Parish Churches of South-West Wales, by Mike Salter, Folly Publications, Malvern, 1994, ISBN 1-871731-19-4]
St Elidyr's Church has a 15th century west tower, but the remainder of the church was rebuilt in 1847, and the south porch, with a doorway of moulded cement, was added during a restoration in 1878.
[Source: Humphrey Bolton in Geograph website]
Present status: (March 2007)
Just heard unofficially that our church is now classed as unsafe. The electricity has been turned off and shortly it will be cordoned off – but still allowing access to most of the graves. Therefore there will be no more services there – a sad end to such an old building. It's fortunate that we are recording the graves and taking photographs as who knows what might happen if the tower fell.
[Source: March 2007 blog on Llanteg History Society website]