Dedication: St Matthew
1. Dyffryn Clydach, a largely rural division of the ancient parish of Cadoxton-juxta-Neath, became a civil parish in 1894.
2. St Matthews' Church was erected in 1871 with money (£4,500) and land donated by local philanthropist Howel Gwyn (1829-1888). The church was built of Pennant stone from one of Gwyn's quarries. Howel Gwyn was buried in St Matthew's churchyard.
[Adapted from Dai and Angela Bevan's Family History website]
Photography: Dai Bevan
Date: 13 September 2002
Camera: Kodak DX4900 Zoom digital