Dedication: St David
Note: Fleur-de-lis is an ecclesiastical parish formed in 1897 from the parishes of Mynyddyslwyn, Bedwellty, Gelligaer and Bedwas, 1 mile south from the Pengam station on the Brecon and Merthyr railway and 17 [miles] west from Newport. It is in the ... rural deanery of Bedwellty, archdeaconry of Monmouth and Diocese of Llandaff. The church of St. David, erected in 1894, is a building of stone, in the Early English style, consisting of chancel, nave, south porch and an eastern turret containing two bells. There are 350 sittings. The register dates from the year 1897.
[Extracted from Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire,1901]
Photography: John Ball
Date: 26 February 2000
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR