Mount Zion Chapel, Glascoed, Monmouthshire
Name: Mount Zion Baptist Chapel
Photography: Steve Veysey
Date: 12 April 2008
Camera: Fuji FinePix 6900 Zoom digital
1. Built in 1821. Built in the Simple Gothic style, gable entry type.
[Extracted from the Coflein database (NPRN 12983)]
2. Glascoed is a branch of the church at Llangwm; but a few of the members belonged to Penygarn. Those brethren met to worship in a dwelling-house near the spot where the present chapel stands. In 1816 those few Christians were formed a church in the house of Mr. Lewis Lewis. Mr. Lewis had begun to preach at Blaenau Gwent in 1810. At the time the Church was formed, Mr. Lewis was ordained pastor to the little flock. This Church was received into the Association in 1817. In 1820, a small chapel was built, chiefly through the untiring perseverance of the minister.
[Extracted from the Glascoed People and Places website, where a full history of the chapel (by A. Glyndwr Williams) is available]