Glynarthen Chapel, Glynarthen, Cardiganshire
Name: Glynarthen Chapel
Denomination: Welsh Independent / Congregational
Photography: Dai Bevan
Date: 17 September 2007
Camera: Kodak Z7590 Zoom digital
Note 1. Glynarthen Independent Chapel was built in 1797, rebuilt in 1841 and renovated in 1901. The present chapel, dated 1901, is built in Sub-Classical style of the gable entry type. A schoolroom was added in 1848. [Source: Coflein database (NPRN 7395)]
Note 2. Lists of members of Glynarthen Chapel, from 1872 to 1881, are available on Stephen and Helen Jones's Dorset Bay website. These lists of members are partial transcriptions of registers of contributions made by members of Glynarthen Congregational Chapel, The congregation was drawn from the neighbouring parishes including Troedyraur and Bettws Evan (Betws Ifan), as well as Penbryn itself. The register of contributions contains the name and surname of each member, together with their place of residence and the quarterly amount contributed for the support of the ministry (typically sixpence or a shilling). There are two register books covering 1872-1879 (National Library of Wales MS deposit 949B) and 1880-1912 (National Library of Wales MS deposit 947B). Microfilm of the registers can be ordered (as FHL call number 839697) at any LDS Family History Centre.