1. This building was erected in Belmont Road in 1873 by the Calvinistic Methodists (Prebyterian Church of Wales) at a cost of £700 to replace their original (1829) Tabernacle. The building was acquired by the Roman Catholics in 1968 and is now dedicated to St Joseph.
[Source: Local Information Sheet 7 - Glasbury & Hay on Wye, published by Cymdeithas Treftadaeth Y Capeli - The Chapels Heritage Society. Full text accessible on-line at http://www.capeli.org.uk/uploads/local_07_hayonwye_glasbury.pdf]
2. The Tabernacle Chapel was built in 1828 and rebuilt in 1872 in the Simple Gothic style of the gable-entry type. From c.1929 it was in use as St Joseph's Catholic Church, but in 2001 St Joseph's Catholic Church had a new site in Belmont Road, Hay-on-Wye.
[Source: Coflein database (NPRN 6050)]