Back to indexImages of Wales
 

St Etheldreda's Church, Hyssington, Montgomeryshire

Denomination: Anglical

Dedication: St Etheldreda

Built: Medieval (see notes below)
Rebuilt: 1875
Photograph 1: Google StreetView
Date: November 2009

Photograph 2: Ellie Thomas
Date: 9 March 2008
Camera: Praktica Pentacon DCZ 5.8 digital

 
Notes:
St Etheldreda's church in Hyssington lies in the extreme east of the old county of Montgomeryshire, about ten miles to the southeast of Welshpool. It is a single-chambered church, very heavily restored in the 19th century, and it is impossible to determine whether any of its medieval fabric survives. Internally nothing other than a medieval font and a Jacobean pulpit have been retained. It is set in a drystone-walled rectangular churchyard, adjacent to a motte and bailey known as Castle Hill.
[Source: Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust (CPAT) website, where further details are available]


Ebenezer Chapel, Forden
Ebenezer Chapel, Forden
Back to indexImages of Wales