St Mary's Church, Kinnerton, Radnorshire
Dedication: St Mary
Note: It seems probable that Kinnerton emerged as a chapel of ease at some point in the Middle Ages. The earlier church consisted of low building with lancet windows, a bell-turret at west and also a west porch. It was rebuilt in 1884-5, perhaps by Stephen Williams, and consists of nave, narrower chancel, vestry on north side of chancel, south porch attached to south-west corner of nave, and bell turret at west end. The church is aligned slightly south of west. The churchyard was extended in the 1940s.
[Extracted from the Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust (CPAT) website, where further details are available]
Photography: John Ball
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR