Dedication: St Teilo
Built: Medieval period
1. St Teilo's church lies in remote country on the southern fringe of Mynydd Epynt 16 km north-west of Brecon. It is a simple structure with a nave and chancel in one, and a small bell turret; the windows are Victorian and there is little diagnostic architectural detail, apart from a blocked priest's door. Inside, the 16thC roof, a font, stoup [see right] and part of the late medieval screen [see below] remain, as well as a fine early 17thC grave slab and a number of 19thC wall monuments. The churchyard may once had been sub-circular and subsequent modifications have straightened out some of the boundary.
[Extracted from Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust (CPAT) where further details of church history and architecture are available]
2. The priestís doorway of the long single chamber may be of 12th century, and the roof with collars, braces, and king-posts is 16th century. The screen, stoup [right], and font are also medieval. Much else is of the 1873 restoration. There is a slab to the Rev Richard David, died 1614.
[The Old Parish Churches of Mid Wales by Mike Salter, published 1991 by Folly Publications, Malvern; ISBN 1-871731-11-9]