Note 1. St Llonio's was the mother church of Llanidloes and Llanwnnog, serving a monastery until the late 13th century. Of that period is the west tower with a square stair turret which clasps the NW corner. The tower arch is late 14th century and the roll-moulded arch on the inner part of the late medieval doorway in the tower south wall may have been part of the original tower arch. The rest of the church was mostly rebuilt in 1864-5 by Street, but the chancel retains a pair of old tomb recesses and a 14th century piscina. The nave and south aisles were covered with a single roof in the 18th century. There is medieval work in the pews, and a late medieval font beside the Victorian one. There are 17th century panels in the choir stalls. In the vestry are other old panels from the church at Trefeglwys.
Note 2. Llandinam parish church was originally a 'clas' structure. Its western tower, topped by a pyramidal slate roof over a timber belfry, is believed to date from the 13th century. Much of the body of the church was rebuilt at the time of the th century restoration, though the north wall of the chancel is original. The church contains a 17th century wooden reredos, two old tomb recesses in the sanctuary, a damaged Perpendicular font and some 17th century carved choir stalls. The triangular form of the churchyard is dictated by the elongated shape of the spur on which it is set. The square western tower with its timber belfry is in typical Marches style and is considered to be 13th century, though the top stage has been rebuilt and new fenestration inserted. The main body of the church was rebuilt in 1864-5, leaving only the north wall of the chancel. New windows in square-headed frames were inserted throughout the church at the time of the restoration.
Note 3. The bell-tower houses six bells, the oldest, probably medieval, bears the inscription Sancta Maria Ora Pro Nobis. Another, dated 1640 bears the initials T-S, while a third, made by I Rudhall, is dated 1823 and carries the names of two churchwardens. Three new bells were installed during the 1865 restoration. The churchyard contains over 1000 graves, and a yew tree reputed to be at least 850 years old.