Holy Trinity Church, Spa Road, Llandrindod Wells, Radnorshire
1. The Church of the Holy Trinity serves the parish of Llandrindod with Cefnllys and Disserth. The original 13th century church some distance away was unroofed in 1893 to force the congregation to use this new church, built in 1871. Protests led to the old church being restored in 1894.
[Adapted from The Old Parish Churches of Mid Wales (2nd Edition) by Mike Salter, Folly Publications, Malvern, 2003; ISBN 1-871731-62-3]
2. A large Victorian building opened in 1871 and twice extended to seat up to 1,000 worshippers. One aisle was separated to form a Church Centre in 1988. A tower, housing eight bells, was added in 1995. Fine wood carvings on chancel ceiling.
[Extract from The Churches of Llandrindod Wells Today on the Llandrindod Wells in Powys Mid Wales website.]
Photography: Ellie Thomas
Date: 13 March 2008
Camera: Praktica Pentacon DCZ 5.8 digital