Name: Tabernacle Methodist Chapel
Denomination: Wesleyan Methodist
Rebuilt: 1830, 1840, 1905
1. The first chapel was built in Church Street in 1809 and a larger replacement on another site was unsafe for use by the early 1890s.
This [present] one was completed in 1904 after ten years of raising funds at the end of the Victorian age.
[From Powys Digital History Project website, which provides further details and an old photograph]
2. Built in 1809, enlarged 1821, modified and rebuilt 1830, 1840 and 1905, architect T. Ridge of Oswestry, builder A. Jones of Llanfyllin. Built in the Classical style, gable entry type.
[From Coflein database]
Photography: John Ball
Date: October 1997
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR