Dedication: All Saints
All Saints Church was built in 1890 at the expense of Sir Pryce Pryce-Jones (1834-1920) as a chapel-of-ease for the parish at Llanllwchaiarn. Costing £3000, it is an early work by Aston Webb (later Sir Aston Webb) who went on to much greater things, including Admiralty Arch, The Mall, and the East Wing of Buckingham Palace in London. All Saints Church is built of Llanymynech limestone with Grinshill (Shropshire) freestone dressings
[Adapted from Town Trails - Places of Worship on the Official Newtown Website]
Find out more about Sir Pryce Pryce-Jones on the Powys: A Day In The Life website.
Photography: John Ball
Date: 18 June 2009
Camera: Nikon D50 digital SLR