Name: Ebenezer Chapel
Photography: John Ball
Date: 2 September 2002
Camera: Sigma SA-300 35 mm SLR
Denomination: Calvinistic Methodist
1. Built in 1809-10, rebuilt in 1871. Built in the Simple Gothic style, gable entry type.
[Extracted from Coflein Database]
2. The 1851 religious census of Montgomeryshire reports that the first chapel was built in 1810. In 1851, the 1810 building had 60 free spaces, 74 others, and 90 standing. The average [attendance] was 101 at morning Sunday School and 243 at evening service. The present (1871) building is an imposing if somewhat austere single-chambered structure. There are four tall pointed-arch windows in the side walls, and matching windows at the end. There are two entrance doorways at the extremities of the east end wall and a small wheel window, apparently for ventilation, high in the pedimented eastern gable.
[Adapted from Parish of Trefeglwys Llawryglyn: Monumental Inscriptions, Montgomeryshire Records MR/MI/71, Montgomeryshire Genealogy Society, 2006; ISSN 1359-558X]