Tabor Chapel, Tabor Road, Maesycwmmer, Monmouthshire
Name: Tabor Chapel
Photography by Google StreetView, May 2009
Note 2. Style Italianate: sophisticated giant arch in pediment design. Perhaps Thomas Thomas's finest and most sophisticated 'great arch' in the pediment design, but has lost its pediment-top urns and platforms.
Photographs (above & below) © Copyright Robin Drayton, 23 January 2010, licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
Note 3. Established in 1829 as Tabor Welsh Congregational Church, this large building dates from 1876.
It became part of the United Reformed Church in 1971, eventually closing in 2003.
Photography (above) by Google StreetView, May 2009
Photography (below) by Steve Veysey, 6 January 2006, with Fuji FinePix 6900 Zoom digital camera