1. The church was entirely rebuilt in 1843-45, but in the porch are two medieval effigies of a knight and lady (probably members of the Mortimer family), and the altar rails have tracery of an unusual scissors type from the former late medieval rood screen.
[Source: The Old Parish Churches of Mid-Wales, by Mike Salter, second edition, Folly Publications. Malvern, 2003; ISBN 1-871731-62-3]
2. St Mary's church at New Radnor lies on the hill overlooking the town. It is difficult to determine the number of churches that have been built on the spot, but the present one dates to the middle of the nineteenth century. The only medieval features are two worn effigies recovered from the churchyard, and fragments of the medieval screen incorporated into the communion rails. The church was erected in 1843-45, 'an extreme case of unsuitable rebuilding' according to Haslam. New Radnor churchyard is an irregular shape, but essentially rectilinear with a projection to the north-east corner. It is set on a steep slope immediately below the earthworks of the motte and bailey castle, and the ground continues to drop away southwards to the valley floor of the Summergil Brook, and also to a small tributary valley on the west. The church itself is set on a deeply terraced platform north-east of the centre of the enclosure.
[Extracted from Clwyd-Powys Archaeological Trust (CPAT) website, where further details are provided]