Penmorfa Chapel, Penbryn, Cardiganshire
Denomination: Calvinistic Methodist
Rebuilt: 1846 and 1939
Photography: Dai Bevan
Date: 19 September 2007
Camera:, Kodak Z7590 Zoom digital
Penmorfa Methodist Chapel was built in 1796, rebuilt in 1846 and again in 1939. The present chapel, dated 1939, is built in the Sub-Classical style of the long-wall entry type, to the design of architect T. Edmund Rees of Merthyr Tydfil. A chapel house was added in 1840 and rebuilt in 1894. Penmorfa is now Grade 2 listed as a fine and rare example of a 1939 interior.
[Source: Coflein database (NPRN 7397)]