Back to indexImages of Wales
 

Tabernacle Independent Chapel, Pennorth, Breconshire

Tabernacle Chapel
Above: Northern aspect of chapel, showing attached house on right.
Name: Tabernacle Chapel

Denomination:
    Independent (early 19thC)
    Congregational (late 19thC)
    United Reformed Church
            (present)

Built: 1811
Rebuilt: 1841
Rebuilt: 1893




Photography: John Ball
Date: 4 May 2015
Camera:
    Canon IXUS 115 HS
    digital compact

Note 1: Tabernacle Chapel was built in 1811, and rebuilt in 1841 and again in 1893. The latest chapel is Simple Gothic in style and has a gable entry plan. [Source: Coflein database (accessed 7 Apr 2017)]

Note 2: Simple rendered gabled front with Gothic windows; three-storey house attached. Plain interior; no gallery. The former datestone of 1841 [see below] is re-set to the rear. [Source: The Buildings of Wales: Powys, by Robert Scourfield and Richard Haslam, Yale University Press, New Haven & London; 2013]

Below: Northeastern corner of chapel.
Tabernacle Chapel

Tabernacle Chapel
Above: Eastern aspect of chapel.

Below: Datestones and nameboard dated (left to right) 1841, 1893, present.
Tabernacle Chapel

Back to indexImages of Wales