Back to indexImages of Wales
 

St Cadoc's Church, Penrhos, Monmouthshire

Photograph: Steve Veysey
Date: 10 May 2008
Camera: Fuji FinePix 6900 Zoom digital compact

Denomination: Anglican

Dedication: St Cadoc

Built: Medieval
Repaired: 1848
Enlarged: 1878

St Cadoc's Church, Penrhos

Note 1: The church of St. Cadoc is an ancient building, in the Perpendicular style, consisting of chancel, nave, north aisle, south porch and an embattled western tower containing 3 bells ; some repairs were effected in 1848 and in 1878 the church vas enlarged at a cost of £1,140: there are 150 sittings. The register of baptisms dates from the year 1721 ; marriages and burials, 1718. The living is a vicarage, net yearly value £154, including 44 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Llandaff, and held since 1865 by the Rev. William Feetham M.A. of St. John's College, Oxford. [Source: Kelly's Directory of Monmouthshire, 1901 website]

Note 2: Built in the Gothic Decorated style, long-wall entry type. A prominent feature of this Church is the integral tower. [Source: Coflein Database (NPRN 307368)]

Back to indexImages of Wales