Dedication: St Peter and St Cewydd
Built: 13th Century
Photography: Lynne Ingalls
Date: 22 September 2007
Camera: Canon PowerShot S31S digital
Note 1: A hilltop church, with sheer Pembrokeshire tower, C15 detail but heavily restored in 1882-3 by E. H. Lingen Barker. The aisled nave and east bellcote are all C19 in detail. Inside, the low whitewashed, plastered three-bay arcades look medieval, but were inserted when the aisles were built, with gabled roofs, in 1799 by Griffith Watkins of Haverfordwest. [Source: Buildings of Wales: Pembrokeshire, by Thomas Lloyd, Julian Orbach, and Robert Scourfield, Yale University Press, New Haven and London; 2004]
Note 2: The west tower, north porch, and several chancel windows are 15th century. The plain chancel arch dates the nave to the early 13th century. Aisles with arcades of three bays with square piers were added in the 14th century. The font is Norman.