Tabernacle Chapel, Regent Street, Talgarth, BreconshireName: Tabernacle Baptist Chapel
Denomination: English Baptist
Note 1: Tabernacle Chapel was built in 1836 in the Simple Round-Headed style with a half-hipped roof, square plan and gable entry. The attractive gable to the road has two ground-floor doors with round-headed windows above them with a larger round-headed window in the centre and plaque above. The windows are small-paned with unusual splays to the top of their glazing bars. In the 1851 religious census 55 seats were recorded as free and 64 as paid for. The 1905 Royal Commission survey of Religious Buildings in Wales recorded the chapel as seating 350 and worth £1,200. [Source: Coflein database of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (accessed 9 July 2016)]
Note 2: The Tabernacle chapel was built in 1857 [sic] and is one of three Welsh baptist chapels in the Welsh town of Talgarth. In 2012 it was auctioned off as part of a plan to reduce the working chapels in the town to only one as the congregation had shrunk.