Back to indexImages of Wales
 

James Street Methodist Chapel, Georgetown, Tredegar, Monmouthshire

Name: James Street Chapel

Denomination: Primitive Methodist

Built: circa 1890
Rebuilt: 1913

Photography: John Ball
Date: 24 Jun 2010
Camera: Nikon D50 digital SLR

Note: The former James Street Methodist Chapel occupies a corner site at the intersection of Woodfield Cross and James Street. A foundation stone (right) indicates that the present building was erected in 1913 but Ordnance Survey maps show there had been a chapel on this site from at least 1900. The building is currently used as a Community Centre. [Source: Old-Maps.co.uk subscription website (accessed 21 July 2015)]

Georgetown Community, Tredegar
James Street Chapel, Tredegar
Above: James Street Chapel (now a community centre).

Back to indexImages of Wales