Zion / Sion Chapel, Milborough Road, Ystalyfera, GlamorganName: Zion / Sion
Sketch: Dave Ball
Medium: Pencil on paper
Photography: John Ball
Date: 19 June 1998
Camera: Agfa ePhoto307 digital compact
Zion Baptist Chapel was built in 1891.
[Source: Coflein online database of the Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales (accessed 22 September 2015)]
Zion Chapel was closed in the 1980s and eventually partly converted into flats. The building was gutted by fire circa 1997 (see photograph) and was later demolished and replaced by a private residence.
[Source: John Ball, personal knowledge]
Below: Site of former chapel, on west corner of Milborough Road and Tanywern Lane.