Back to indexImages of Wales

St Tyfriog's Church, Llandyfriog, Cardiganshire

St Tyfriog's Church, Llandyfriog Denomination: Anglican

Dedication: St Tyfriog

Restored: 1843/44

Rebuilt: 1890

The church of St Tyfriog; rebuilt in 1890, at a cost of £1,350, is an edifice of stone, consisting of chancel, nave, aisles, south porch, and a western tower containing 2 bells: there are 138 sittings. The registers date from the year 1725, and include those of Llanfair Treflygen. The living is a vicarage, with the chapelry of Llanfair Treflygen annexed, tithe rent-charge here £87, joint net income £219, with 105 acres of glebe and residence, in the gift of the Bishop of St. David's, and held since 1892 by the Rev. David Davies Evans, B.D. of St. David's College, Lampeter.
[Extract from Kelly's Directory of South Wales - 1895 on GENUKI website]

[See details of earlier restorations on the Church Plans Online website]

Further details and photographs

Photography: John Ball
Date: 24 July 1998
Camera: Agfa ePhoto 307 digital

Back to indexImages of Wales