Back to indexImages of Wales

Gellionnen Chapel, Llangyfelach, Glamorgan

Name: Gellionnen Chapel

Denomination: Unitarian

Built: 1692

Rebuilt: 1801

The original chapel was erected in 1692 after the Toleration Act of 1688. Its apparently remote location was then the focus of considerable traffic as several roads converged nearby. There have been 22 ministers since 1692. [Extracted from Around Pontardawe - Archive Photographs Series compiled by The Pontardawe Historians, 1996, Chalfont Publishing Company, Stroud, Gloucestershire; ISBN 0-7524-0691-4]

Further details and photograph:
Gareth Hicks's website

Photography: John Ball
Date: 8 April 2002
Camera: Sigma SA300 35 mm SLR

Gellionnen Chapel, Llangyfelach

Back to indexImages of Wales